Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I plan on making The next guitar I purchase a hollow body or semi-hollow body. I hear that hollow bodies tend to have feedback problems, and semi-hollow bodies have less feedback. Is this true? How do full hollow bodies sound when plugged into an amp with distortion?

I need some help measuring out the pros and cons of each guitar. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

I currently have a solid body electric and an acoustic. I've been undecided on whether or not my next guitar should be electric or acoustic. So I figure I'll just get a hollow or semi-hollow body - a little taste of both worlds.

I hear that full hollow bodies sound good when you play them unplugged, and they project sound kind of like an acoustic. But do semi-hollow bodies have a noticeable difference between solid bodies when played unplugged?

Edit:

I've been doing some research. I saw someone say that their full hollow body sounded better than their acoustic when it was unplugged. That's a good thing for me, that's what I want. I hear that they're good for playing jazz and a soft B.B. King style blues when they are plugged in. But can they be used to play a loud, distorted rock n roll or metal style?
You can play anything on any guitar. A semi hollow can handle pretty much anything if you know how to set your amps and pedals while a full hollow body will pretty much always have some feedback with high gain. Lots of guys like that though. As for it sounding better than acoustic unplugged, thats crap a decent acoustic cant be beat, thats why its called an ACOUSTIC.

Here is a video of QOTSA where I think they both are using full hollow bodies.

Here is one of townsend using one, he often did and played some relatively hi ish gain stuff with it.

*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote