Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
You can play anything on any guitar. A semi hollow can handle pretty much anything if you know how to set your amps and pedals while a full hollow body will pretty much always have some feedback with high gain. Lots of guys like that though. As for it sounding better than acoustic unplugged, thats crap a decent acoustic cant be beat, thats why its called an ACOUSTIC.

Here is a video of QOTSA where I think they both are using full hollow bodies.

Here is one of townsend using one, he often did and played some relatively hi ish gain stuff with it.

Just repeating what I read. Maybe he has a really ****ty acoustic. And ya, you can play any style on any kind of guitar, but I guess there are little things about certain guitars that make them better for what the guitarist is trying to achieve.

Is there really that much of a difference between solid body, semi-hollow and fully hollow electric?

Is there really that much of a difference between an acoustic-electric and a fully hollow bodied electric?

I already have a solid body, so if I want to play some stuff with high gain I could just use that. I guess what I'm looking for is something that sounds good when it's unplugged, but I don't really want an acoustic; I want to also be able to plug it up and play some blues or jazz, and even some rock with a little gain behind it. I think fully hollow matches that description.

That being said, what would you recommend?

Last edited by blastingas10; 02-21-2012 at 01:55 AM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote