Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Just repeating what I read. Maybe he has a really ****ty acoustic. And ya, you can play any style on any kind of guitar, but I guess there are little things about certain guitars that make them better for what the guitarist is trying to achieve.

Is there really that much of a difference between solid body, semi-hollow and fully hollow electric?

Is there really that much of a difference between an acoustic-electric and a fully hollow bodied electric?
1. Yes. A fully hollow or even semi hollow have a certain airy quality. Sounds to me almost like the tone is slightly rolled off. A Solidbody general just handles gain much better as the pickups dont feedback from sounds echoing out of the fholes. Go to your local guitar store and play les paul/strat/335/175 style guitar with the same type of pickups through the same amp and you will see for yourself. Best way is to see for yourself.

2. Yes, the guitar is assembled completely different, wood thinkness, wood types, pickups are much higher winds. Basically while one is electric and one ss acoustic no matter how you look at it. Just because a pickup is plased in an acoustic guitar doesnt give it the same properties as an electric.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote