Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Evolution.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
slatesphanboi
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I never knew that! Cool stuff...now I feel like listening to some AIC to see if I can pick any of it out.
duga, that will be real easy because Elton John actually played on an AIC song once:

Quote:

The poignant “Black Gives Way to Blue”—which serves as the title track on the new Alice In Chains album—contains a guest appearance on the piano by none other than Elton John.

For more, link: Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell and Elton John on their 'Black Gives Way to Blue' collaboration | The Music Mix | EW.com

Actually this isn't that surprising to me, after Big Elton played on November Rain with Guns and Roses nothing really surprises me that much anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Connoisseur View Post
There was never an alternative metal episode, so bands like Flyleaf and Helmet weren't mentioned. Leaving out alt metal could be cited as another flaw in the show.

Like I said earlier, if the show comes back for a second season, Sam Dunn very may well cover the bases he missed in the first season.
Hmm, Flyleaf and Helmet could have been put into the nu-metal episode they had... I avoided that episode like the plague though since I generally dislike that genre!!!

Hopefully there shall be a season 2, that would be cool.
slatesphanboi is offline   Reply With Quote