Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #317 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Hello, my Squier-Fat-Strat-and-soon-to-be-Silver-Sister-Strat-slingin’ (((CyberSister)))! Your little guy is lucky to have such a safety-conscious Mom – which is no surprise, really, because I know you put a lot of thought and consideration into all you do. My son has always been very leery of those bouncing houses! When he was a toddler, he was afraid of going into them, and would stand outside having his fun by throwing back the little plastic multicolored balls strewn on the floor of the bouncing house after the kids threw them out. And now, he still won’t go into bouncing houses for fear of accidently pouncing on the younger kids!

Hope you two had a great time yesterday, even though you both didn’t get to bounce!

My hearing is much better now, Erica - thanks for asking. The last audio test revealed the equivalent of about a 30% hearing loss, which is of course a vast improvement over the 80% loss I had before. Still a bit of rumbling and ringing going on in the ear, but it's more than tolerable.
That's a cute story about your son's hesistant response to bounce houses during the course of his life, Liz. And I'm very glad your hearing is starting to get better. We did have fun yesterday, even though it was bounce-free.

I've been thinking more about The Pretenders' "Kid" guitar solo, appreciating its simplicity and use of open strings and sustained notes, plus two very nice bends, some well-placed vibrato, and a perfect, poignant harmonic. I've been thinking about this, of course, because I've been thinking about the "Hearth" song for you and what to include.

I will NOT use any long shreds. I don't like most guitar shreds, which often seem like directionless noise to me...noise for the sake of noise.

An example of a guitar solo that I hate:

Eddie Van Halen playing tedious stuff on his guitar

In comparison, the Pretenders' "Kid" solo uses around 1/20,000 of the notes, but I like it at least 1,230,051 times more.

Someone playing The Pretenders' "Kid" guitar solo
Now you can listen to the solo over and over to lengthen it.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 02-21-2012 at 02:41 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote