Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Thanks, man. You've been helpful. And ya, I'm planning on going to guitar center and testing some out.

What do you think of this guitar?

Ibanez AFS80T Hollowbody Electric Guitar Candy Apple and more Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

It says it's a hollow body, but the depth is one inch thinner, for more "mid-range punch". I like the sound of that. 500 dollars is about my max, too. I'd like to play it before I bought it, though.

What's your take on it?
Since you said you want to play BB king style blues yet be able to crank up the volume and gain when needed I would suggest going with a semi hollow. Its really a compromise between solidbody and full hollow, and I think they are incredibly versital. Another problem with the one you linked to is that guitars in the price range with bigsby style trems tend to never stay in tune. I would recommend a hardtail or be prepared to buy a real bigsby.

My friend has an Artcore AS73 semi hollow and I love it. Plays like a 335 and has is way more comfortable to play than a fat hollowbody, not to mention it can play death metal if you needed it to. I think their is also a version with a trem though.

Ibanez Artcore AS73 Electric Guitar Brown Sunburst and more Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote