Music Banter - View Single Post - MB GENERAL ALBUM CLUB: Pg.Lost - Key
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #441 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

for Feist - Metals

1) What are this albums' strengths?
great vocals, interesting changes in musical themes, overall a very pleasant listen

2) What are its weaknessess?
i could see this annoying the shit out some people...including my friend Ryan who when this came on in random in the car.....asked me if i was feeling ok

3) How does it compare to the artist's other work?
i have no idea

4) Favourite songs?
Graveyard is amazing...Get it Wrong, Get it Right....How Come You Never Go There....The Bad In Each Other.....all stick out as offering something very nice

5) What feelings did this album evoke?
at times smoking a pipe while sipping a single malt scotch with a seductive woman singing into a 1940 style mic.....others relaxing pop with some jarring movements....and at times a bit of redundant boredom

6) How does this album fit into your regular rotation?
so here is the thing with this album....i listened to it at least twice from beginning to end.....and buy the end was a little bit disappointed.....but every time a song from this came up on random i loved it....so yeah it stays

7) What stood out to you about this album's themes, musically/lyrically?
i'm not sure if anything really stood out persay....cept obviously her voice and their use of changes and or somewhat breakdowns

8) If you've had any noteworthy experiences with this album, what have they been?

as always driving a lot

9) What do you know about this album's creation? Any interesting facts or anecdotes?
none at all...i had never even heard of it before it came up for vote

10) How does this album represent the chosen theme?
again it was released in 2011 (we really need to stop with the year crap....its making this thread really boring )

11) How does this album compare to other albums nominated for this theme?
you know looking over all the albums nominated....it seems to me it fits nicely

12) How does this album compare to others in its genre?
i still don't really understand the term "Chamber Pop" but it seems this fits well

13) Can you recommend similar albums to this?
mazzy star and maybe low

14) What does this album's artwork say about it? Is it well paired with the music?
i actually feel the artwork has little to do with the feel of the album while at the same time making absolute sense

15) If you voted for this album, why?
i did....it seemed to be the furthest from what i normally listen to

i'll write up the Pale fountains soon...thought i had more time this morning but it turns out no
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote