Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #311 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Keep having these terrifying recurring dreams about these awful things that are, in my dream "reality", called "The Wonderful Strange Ones". I don't know why; some person I'd never met before in my life was in the first dream, sitting next to me in the backseat of my car when I saw the first one...I call him "The Giant".

The Giant was massive, tall, and hunched, long grey hair matted with blood, and I saw him walking down a street (that exists in real life) very slowly, dragging something that appeared to be a military rucksack behind him.

I turned back to see if anyone else in the car had seen him, and my friends were completely oblivious, talking about some song that was playing in the car. The person sitting next to me in the backseat said, "You see them too," really matter-of-factly.

I just nodded, and asked, "What are they?" and he was like, "They're called the wonderful strange ones. Everyone can see them, but not everyone does see them."

I realized that when I'd seen the giant, he'd taken on a sort of shimmery quality, the way things tend to look for me when I'm hitting a wave of a trip. I looked off to the other side, and saw these awful tiny humanoid things peering up at me from the tall grass.

The guy was like, "Don't be afraid; they know when you're afraid," then everything shimmered again, and I came to (still in the dream, mind - not actually waking up) laying in my yard and saw these weird semi-transparent things in the tree line that were slithering...I think that's the best word for it, yeah...slithering between the branches and up the trunks, looking at me.

I've had no less than a dozen dreams featuring these awful things, the most recent of which involved unseen things whispering that they know I'm afraid in my ear, and that there's nowhere I can run.

I'm not looking forward to going to sleep, to be quite honest.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote