Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #928 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Page 2-3

Balance of Power:
Based on the few pages that I've seen so far, I see the type of metal you like is mostly the melodic stuff metal with softer numbers and Balance of Power fit that category perfectly. Again I've not heard the album you've reviewed but know their early stuff really well. Wasn't mad on the debut which was pre-Lance King but their second album and their first with Lance King is a great album Book of Secrets, I thought the third album though Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion to be ponderous.

Savatage: I've just mentioned them in my power metal thread and surprised to see that you didn't mention Hall of the Mountain King probably their best known album and the first which saw them shift into a power and progressive metal direction.

BTW you might find some interesting stuff on my Power Metal thread, its a casual look at some bands and albums, and actually has a lot of posts despite the fact that Power Metal is pretty much hated on MB

http://www.musicbanter.com/rock-meta...wer-metal.html
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote