Music Banter - View Single Post - Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations - 1980
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
metalheadmike
Music Addict

Default Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations - 1980

Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations - 1980

Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations - 1980-diamondheadlightningtothenations.jpg

Diamond Head – Lightning To The Nations - 1980
Genre – Heavy Metal
Record Label - Original Label – Happy Face
Reissue Label – Sanctuary Records
Rating 10 Out of 10

Track Listing
1 Lightning To The Nations 4:15
2 The Prince 6:27
3 Sucking My Love 9:35
4 Am I Evil 7:39
5 Sweet & Innocent 3:13
6 It's Electric 3:37
7 Helpless 6:52

Band Members
Sean Harris – vocals Brian Tatler – guitar Colin Kimberley – bass Duncan Scott – drums
Here's my review of Diamond Head's Lightning To The Nations

I discovered Diamond Head from Metallica. A friend of mine had this on LP. When I first heard it I was hooked. This album has stood the test of time for me. Diamond Head was formed in 1976. Like most NWOBHM bands they played gigs and in 1978 went into the studio to record this gem. This album was self produced and self released on there own label. This album much like a lot of the Heavy Metal from the England area influenced kids in the US to start what is known as Thrash and Speed Metal. But this album is a great band at work. The song structures are strong. The songs are diverse some Heavy some mid tempo numbers. Sean Harris is one Vocalist everyone should get to know. The song writing duo of him and Brian Tatler is timeless on this release. The rhythm section of Colin Kimberly and Duncan Scott hold down the back in. This release to me stands up to the first four Black Sabbath albums. If you haven't discovered this yet. Please give it a chance. Stand out tracks to me are Am I Evil,It's Electric,Lightning To The Nations,Helpless,Well there all Stand Outs

metalheadmike is offline   Reply With Quote