Music Banter - View Single Post - I Need Sound (New Amp)
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Uh_Me
Groupie

Default I Need Sound (New Amp)

In the market for a new amp. I need one with enough clean headroom so I can get a nice lethargic tone when needed, but able to get a decent amount of spunky overdrive. I only use a few pedals, so idc too much about a good effects loop. (Digitech whammy, big muff pi, mxr micro amp, and mxr noise clamp). Need something loud enough to play over a Keith Moon wannabe (I love her though :3) a bassist with a 4x10 cab, a rhythm guitarist with a 100 watt twin reverb reissue, and a singer with lungs that could sing for the cosmos with no mic. Yeah volume is important :P Especially because I want to go without being miked. I'll be playing in some medium sized venues of around 200-400 people. My guitar's I use: Gretsch Power Jet Fire Bird, and a Gretsch White Falcon. (YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I SAVED FOR THAT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I was thinking of these amps, but am not sure:

1. musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/egnater-renegade-410-4x10-65w-all-tube-combo-amp

2. musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/bugera-v55hd-55w-tube-guitar-amp-head/502585000001000
With
musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-super-sonic-100-412-4x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet

3.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-super-sonic-60-60w-tube-guitar-amp-head
with that same cabinet as above.

Maybe you guys could help me decide. Keep in mind I'm not limited to these. I just have come across them while looking around and they piqued my interest.

Last edited by Uh_Me; 02-26-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Uh_Me is offline   Reply With Quote