Music Banter - View Single Post - The Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I've just watched episode 1 of the 1st season and first impressions! Well I was initially disappointed that they used the start of 28 Days Later with the main protaganist waking up in a hospital and no idea what had happened, the usual format then of meeting some friendly characters and then quickly leaving them was very predictable, as was the familiarity the zombies had with their previous life (the wife trying to open the door of where she used to live). Good points though, I thought the action scenes very spontaneus and the gory stuff done well. I really liked when Mr.Sherriff got surrounded by zombies and then when his doom was nigh quickly slipped beneath the tank and then when there was no hope of escape, slipping into the service entrance of the tank! I like the idea that they are using a city like Atlanta too and especially the shot when riding on a horse down the freeway to the city.

Reading about the series, I read the series creator wanted to base the style of the series on the first Romero flick "Night of the Living Dead" meaning a heavier focus on some of the characters and based on flicking through these posts some don't seem too pleased on how this has been done.

The bottom line for me though, is that I'm a sucker for zombie flicks and even a medicore story will still keep me interested and I'm making sure I don't read any spoilers on the thread.
Resident Evil 2 ripped off that intro as well

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote