Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #324 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I'd much rather have your highway memory than mine! My main memory of watching highway lines racing was when I was in a friend's car in Nebraska at night after we apparently ran over a recently road-killed (unfortunately) skunk causing the car to fill up with the skunk stench. After that, we were all staring at the road because we were afraid of hitting skunks, and so I remember the midline stripes racing by on the road where it was lit by the headlights. I will try to wipe this memory from my mind and replace it with yours.

I never liked the song "Panama" much either. Too simple and blunt, somehow, and nonsensical. I just watched the video! The band certainly liked goofing around. I chuckled the most when David Lee Roth ran across stage while twirling ribbons behind him as in rhythmic gymnastics, which I've often thought of as a sort of lesser form of gymnastics...nothing against ribbons, of course!
Erica, I’m glad you have nothing against ribbons – ha! I remember watching the “Panama” video in old MTV days and forgot how David Lee Roth does that brief ribbon twirl in it. I did remember them flying around on wires and a Jack Daniels bass and blow dryer, though. Sorry about that awful skunk roadkill memory! It is better off replaced, even if it is with “Panama” – which is at least better than skunk stench.

I’ve never heard of rhythmic gymnastics before. I watched a few YouTube videos, and it seems to me like floor exercise gymnastics with paraphernalia - which I've read includes ropes, clubs, hoops, balls, and (here we go again) ribbons.

I think you must have looked very sweet in Junior High with your lavender and white pinstriped jeans! And I don’t think it was too hot of the hottest boy in school to poke fun at your expense. I always disliked that sort of person in school years, which is why I never wound up hanging out in certain “popular” circles. I gravitated toward having just a few close friends who were kind to others.

I’m glad you have a special place for all your cool instruments (and bookshelves and computer!) even though you find it small and like a “cockpit”! I view it as a mini-lab in which you experiment and create your wonderful music and posts to MB, and feed that awesome brain of yours with reading. And soon there will be a new addition to your cool gear: your Silver Sister Strat! Can’t wait to hear what you think of it.

Now back to Eddie the puppy-man:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
If Eddie Van Halen were a Dog:

That’s so funny, Erica!! That dog has exactly the same expression on his face that Eddie often makes; if he had a striped Kramer and long mullet hair, he’d be a dead ringer! That baby boar is pretty cute, too.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote