Music Banter - View Single Post - It ain't necessarily so
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mr November
Music Addict

By some dictionary definitions miracles happen all the time. By other dictionary definitions any act by God is a miracle.

And regarding Catholicism, my only experience of Roman Catholics has really been through my family and the church I used to go to - they were all very liberal. But I know that The Church itself (as in the Holy See authorities) is far from fundamentalist, but is still extremely backwards. It's just that a large number of self-identified Roman Catholics aren't actually interested in the official stances of The Church. And the individual teachings of Catholic churches can vary quite a bit between priests and geography - my sunday school experience was much different than my sisters who went to the same church's sunday school only 3 years later. My sunday school teacher (who was a Catholic parent of one of the other children) spun the allegorical side, while my sister took the classes with an actual priest who was heavier on the idea that it was literal truth.

There can certainly be a kind of fundamentalism among Catholics though, just watch this (this is just a more recent episode, in general this channel is weirdly conservative):

In the end its beyond me since I don't believe in any of it, but thats my input.

Last edited by Mr November; 02-25-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote