Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #16958 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Napalm Death - Utilitarian (2012)

I think only jackhammer and I were people on the forum who enjoyed their 2009 album Time Waits for No Slave so I'm pretty excited to hear this one.

Rage - 21 (2012)

One of the more underrated power metal bands that make a real effort to not just hide behind the cheesiness of the genre. In many ways they remind me a lot of Nevermore and seeing as how Nevermore are in my top 10 favourite bands, that's a good thing. While I don't think they've put out anything quite as strong as Unity (2002) or Soundchaser (2003) in recent years, but they're always reliable for putting out something solid and enjoyable.

Cursive - I Am Gemini (2012)

I still don't really see what the big deal is with The Ugly Organ (2003), let it be said that I'm never unwilling to try and press on to try and see what it is people like about a particular band or album. I was dubious after my first listen to Spiderland (1991) by Slint but after a couple more I found myself liking it immensely. Hopefully lightning can strike twice on this one.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote