Music Banter - View Single Post - The Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
In regards to the zombies and related trauma, it sometimes seems emotions are underplayed rather than exaggerated while people are really quick to jump the gun if there's any social drama going on, like a reaction to criticism. I've also noticed that the characters have no humour which is one of the most basic human coping mechanisms. I've seen dead people as I've been in a search and rescue group and you can bet there was a lot of humour going on during those searches.

It's like the characters only have a very few sides to their personalities. Rick is only ever brooding and contemplative. When he's angry, he's always keeping the lid on in this strained, dramatic way. The other characters are more or less fake in the same way. Everyone's dead serious all the time, no nuances.
Sure when in traumatic situations, emotions can come across as exaggerated whether in a just manner or in a form of seeking attention for the person' s situation, but then again do we really want to be watching a series with people wailing and screaming all through the episodes? I think the exaggeration of human emotions being underplayed is a positive for the series (though I can see people criticizing that for being maybre unreal)

I do agree about the lack of humour though, to be honest I never even noticed the lack of it in the series until you just mentioned it, so I guess for me its not a problem.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote