Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #941 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Page 2 to 4

Gary Hughes:
Not much of a Gary Hughes fan mostly because he sounds somewhat akin to David Coverdale in the 1980s and puts out a similiar sound, but I've never heard the album you highlighted and it does look interesting, also what do you think of his band Ten?
Oh yeah, I only got into Gary's music through Ten! I love that band! Have all their albums, and though there are weak tracks on some there really isn't one I could point to and say I don't like that one, unlike Shadow Gallery. I have yet to listen to their new one, but am looking forward to doing so. I review "Babylon" much further on in the journal, and am desperately trying to educate people as to the brilliance of this band. So far, pretty unsuccessfully...
Quote:
Moody Blues: Every Good Boy Deserves Favour is the sixth album, in what Moody Blues fans think of as the bands best ever period. Like you I'm not much of a fan and really have to be in the mood for them. I'd say the best two albums though are Days of Future Passed and my personal favourite On The Threashold of a Dream all the other albums in this Moody Blues cycle are accomplished works though.
Although I have their greatest hits, and it's a great album, and I'm aware they have some really good stuff, I just find myself mostly bored by the Moodies, particularly I think when "To our children's children's children" comes up on the playlist. "Sur la mer" seems to be ok, and one or two others (thinking "Long distance voyager" and "Days of future passed") but for me it's too much effort to actively seek out the good among the mostly bad.
"EGBDF" came about, as you see I'm sure, from the "Spinning the wheel" section, which as you'll notice as you go on through my journal has been less than kind to me!

Now pity me, as I go headlong into the second part of my journey into the world of boyband music! Arrrrghh! Why do I do these things??