Music Banter - View Single Post - Blarobbarg's Thread For Insane Blatherings (Also, Music)
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Some Thoughts On Using Someone Else's iPod That Will Probably End Up Being Babbly And Unreadable

So as I said earlier, I am not using my own iPod. Mine was ruined mysteriously along with my computer several months ago. I got a new hard drive for the computer, but I wasn't able to save anything. I haven't even bothered to start a music "collection" as I did before. I'm mostly just using Grooveshark and CD's, which aint as bad as it sounds.

But that's not the point at all.

What IS the point, you may be asking? (I really don't know I'm just typing, hahahaha)

When you are forced to use an iPod that is not your own you become acutely aware of a few things. One, that you're not really going to be listening to much of anything you want to, and two, the person who is lending might just have more interesting musical tastes than you were aware of.

For instance. This is my mother's iPod (I know, I know) that she never even touches.

Along with the predictable wall of Van Morrison, Beatles, ZZ Top, and old gospel songs there were also some surprises.

Like this.

My mother? Listening to Ornette Coleman? Forsooth! I have found something great!

And there was more! Nina Simone! Ella Fitzgerald! Louis Armstrong! B.B. King! Muddy Waters! Howlin' Wolf! Why am I using exclamation points and not commas?! I don't know!

Honestly, if she wouldn't be terribly offended by all of you, she'd probably fit in awfully well around here. I always knew that she was super sarcastic all the time, I just didn't know she had the indie cred to back it up!

That said.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good Van Morrison albums? Cause it looks like I'll be listening to him for a looooong while.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote