Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #11208 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Kinda want to check out that Korean flick, Save the Green Planet now...

I just finished Santa Sangre, from Alejandro Jodorowsky. It was okay. Not what I was expecting at all. I liked where it ended up but really didn't like how the movie paced for the first 75%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
^Me and my wife also saw Santa Sangre the other day. We liked it a lot. Rather than horror, they could put comedy on as there were more laughs than scares, like when the giant snake comes out of his trousers as he sees the strong lady.

I also liked how many Jodorowskys were involved in the film. Made it seem like a bit of a family project. Looking forward to El Topo / Holy Mountain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Yeah, I had way more laughs than anything related to spooks. I jumped one time towards the end, and I knew it was coming. XD

I noticed all the Jodorowsky's also, I thought that was neat too.

When the giant snake came out I literally said "He thinks he's got a big trouser snake" haha.

It wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't have called it a horror movie at all though.

El Topo first, Holy Mountain second I believe...
I'm typing this from a hotel lobby in Taipei. Santa Sangre is a sort of halfway house bettween arhouse and horror. loved it

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote