Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #4477 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

So I decided that I'm going to try and rebuild my library of Gamecube games I use to actually play a lot when the system was still current. I've already got Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and now Resident Evil 4. I like how the graphics don't feel outdated and the controls are still as tight as ever, in fact more so than with Resident Evil 5 on the Xbox 360. I am finding myself more spoiled by the far more frequent autosave feature on most current generation gaming so dying in the middle of a large attack only to get warped back to before it even began is incredibly annoying, but given my decision to forgo current generation gaming it's something I'll just have to get use to again I suppose.

Also here's something that's not really related, but aren't the covers of the PAL region games far better than the ones we get in North America? I mean here's probably the best example

That's the cover for Ico for Europe and Japan, and here's what the one for America looked like...

Yeah that's something I sure would want to play.

The only reason I bring it up is the European cover for Resident Evil 4 looks so much better then the American one, which is often the case with a lot of games and I'm a little curious as to why that is.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote