Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #9639 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
So...what happened exactly?
Well, I decided on a new segment for college radio in which I would have an illegitimate lie detector test.

It was in fact a cholesterol measurement strap, taped to a two metre long wire which appeared to be plugged into a laptop.
However, the interviewee was unaware of this, so revealed some personal truths.
Many of the questions included innuendos and questionable content, but all was done in a way to entertain and not to offend any person/group of people.

Anyone who knows me will say I am not discriminant against others of a different; race, nationality, sex, sexuality, age or religion.
However, it seems that the powers to be thought I was making derogatory homophobic remarks which conflicts with both the broadcasting code and the colleges diversity policy.

However, it seems someone took offence, we were pulled from air, and upon review of the material were suspended from college with a good chance that we are dismissed entirely on Monday.

In retrospect, I have no regrets about doing the segment, it was something I had always wanted to do, and in my mind was still very entertaining. My regret is that I could have genuinely offended anyone.

Ah well. **** happens, eh?
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote