Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #1213 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

****. Kevin Love would dominate Gasol all night and any other forward you mentioned. Can't really compare him to Bynum, since Bynum is a center. Although, he can rebound better than Bynum. Love averages 14 per game. I'd take Love easily over anyone you mentioned except Howard. None of those bigs can score as good as Love, and the only one who can rebound better is Howard.

Dirk is one of if not the most all around skilled big man, next to Love. He had a slow start to this season, but his knees weren't 100%. Over the last 11 games, he's averaged 25 and 9. And right now he has 20 and 9 with 7 minutes left.

He can't back you down and slam on you, but he can still take it to the rim. Since you didn't already mention him, I'm sure you're going to say: "All he can do is shoot, he has no post-game, he's soft, etc." If that's what you think, you clearly didn't watch the playoffs last year. Dirk was taking it to the rim all the time in the playoffs last year.

In the Mavericks sweep of the Lakers, Dirk averaged 25 points and 9 rebounds a game; shot 72% from the three-point line, and 57% overall.

Gasol averaged 12.5 points and 9 rebounds a game; and shot 42% overall.

Perhaps you need a reminder.

Here he is on the biggest stage, taking it to the rim from the three-point line and finishing with a beautiful left-handed lay-in. He's not even left handed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMGObegToPY

Show me another 7 footer who has done that in such a clutch situation, in the finals.

Last edited by blastingas10; 02-28-2012 at 08:36 PM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote