Music Banter - View Single Post - Slavery & the Civil War
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #69 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Well this thread is about a historical model
True enough. It just really, really, really bothers me that there is a severe lack of serious talk about modern slavery. Not necessarily here in this thread, just in life in general. Americans, at least, like to think that Lincoln took care of slavery everywhere forever, and that's that. I don't know about other nations, but that is just... horrible.

Quote:
Brazil hardly operates as a democracy and most booming economies of the developing world operate off the back of slave labour in one way or another anyway so the article might be shocking but hardly surprising. They are strictly dog eat dog societies.
Surprising isn't the point here, the point is that there are people out there that are under someone else's thumb who are suffering because their "masters" decide that they should. I think that the "shrug" attitude many have for people in general today is appalling. We see murders, starvation, slavery, sex crimes, and genocide on the news and ALL WE DO IS SHRUG. "Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it, guess I'll just turn off the TV and pretend it isn't happening."

AND THAT PISSES ME OFF.

/endrant

Note: This was not particularly directed at anyone in here, I'm just... REALLY mad about this.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote