Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #9646 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
So, if you just turned 17 two weeks ago, you'll have a while until you can be truly concerned about insurance prices
Ah, well, I'm pretty desperate to start driving soon, but I suppose it shows how soon people get affected by insurance. When I'm trying to buy a house somewhere, I imagine I'll be looking back on these times as "the easy days".
Quote:
Still seems completely unbelivable a years insurance for a 1.1, 1.2 engine car would be 100K (I'm not using the pound sign, as it isn't operating, hmm..)
Are you sure it's not just a grand? Which is still excessive for a years cover, but seems more realistic.
Definitely that, I honestly couldn't believe it, but I actually checked with them about it and it was confirmed. It's really just their way of saying "teenagers fuck off".

Now, the best offer I found was if you agreed to have a little tracking device installed in your car, which measured braking distance and how sharply you take turns (thankfully not speed!), and the idea is that if you are a careful driver they realise this and know hundreds off your insurance. If your as crazy as my grandma and drive like a maniac, your insurance will be tripled.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote