Music Banter - View Single Post - Win Janszoon Over to the Beatles
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophonic Tonic View Post
Ticket to Ride actually made me come around when I thought there wasn't much about the Beatles I liked when I first heard them. It's accessible as any of their pop singles, but it has a quirkiness to it that I really enjoy. It may do the same for you, Janszoon.

As for albums, Revolver and Abbey Road would be the two I would check out, along with bits and pieces of the White Album. The B-side medley is one my favorite pieces of music by anyone. Really well done and brilliant considering it's throwaway tracks and was never meant to be used as a single piece.

As for stand alone tracks worth checking out, I mentioned Ticket to Ride, but I would also say...

-Hey Bulldog
-It's All Too Much
-I've Got a Feeling
-Girl
-I Want You (She's So Heavy)
-Rain
-She's Leaving Home

It's a decent sampling of some of their lesser songs, by Beatles standards anyway, so maybe that will help.
That medley is awesome. If you're not paying attention, you'll think you've been listening to the same song the whole time. It changes songs without any real notice, they all blend so well. It even features guitar solos from John, George and Paul and a little drum solo from Ringo.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote