Music Banter - View Single Post - Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #203 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above View Post
That said, I don't see why anyone should be stopped from marrying someone of their own gender. What's the big deal?
This is what I'd like hip hop bunny hop to address if he wants to take issues with what we're saying. I think there are some clear-cut issues here I shall raise again:

(1). WHY should anyone be "stopped from marrying someone of their own gender"? I am asking for something a little more than Franco's retort that marriage is "traditionally" between a man and a woman, I'd like to hear a clear moral reason, and some form of justification as to why your objection is greater than people's right to love each other.

(2). This is the most important part: What the fuck gives anyone the right to direct how other people live their lives? How could anyone possibly think they are in any position to dictate who I want to marry or express my love for? It's MY life, and any kind of biases you have are completely irrelevant and should be kept to yourself.

(3). Consequences of gay marriage: I saw Rubato post an interesting little pie chart detailing the consequences very clearly:

So, what I'd like from anyone arguing against is some form of address to these issues, which so far I've failed to find.

I know hip hop bunny hop is very good at finding links which may support his position, but I would like something a little more relevant than Tablet next time please, which Unknown Soldier, as a catholic, claimed was a poor source.