Music Banter - View Single Post - Slavery & the Civil War
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #84 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
I don't agree with that.

What I will say though is that African Americans seem more prone to constantly bringing up their past suffering while Jews don't feel the need to remind people of it every 10 minutes. Just an observation I've made, and it kind of lessens my sympathy when they're always acting the victim, as if they've gone through anything near what their ancestors had to.
That is also something I was trying to say.

While there may be movies about the holocaust, and maybe there is a Jewish month, but I've never heard of it and I doubt I'm the only one. The media definitely publicizes the whole black history month a lot more.

The holocaust also ties in with Hitler, and the war, so there are definitely going to be a lot of movies about it. It's just better movie material.

My main point is that the media doesn't spread the message of the Jews history near as much as African-Americans history. I don't think I've ever seen a TV commercial about jewish history month, I've seen plenty about black history month. And Public schools, at least in my experience, don't educate about Jewish history near as much as they educate about African-Americans.

Good point about Native Americans. They were probably ****ed over more than any race, but not much is said about it. Maybe because there aren't many left, because our ancestors killed so many; and it just had to be done, so **** em, lets throw a holiday for the blacks and just try to forget about the Indians.

Last edited by blastingas10; 02-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote