Music Banter - View Single Post - Slavery & the Civil War
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #85 (permalink)
Abstract
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
That is also something I was trying to say.

While there may be movies about the holocaust, and maybe there is a Jewish month, but I've never heard of it and I doubt I'm the only one. The media definitely publicizes the whole black history month a lot more.

The holocaust also ties in with Hitler, and the war, so there are definitely going to be a lot of movies about it. It's just better movie material.

My main point is that the media doesn't spread the message of the Jews history near as much as African-Americans history. I don't think I've ever seen a TV commercial about jewish history month, I've seen plenty about black history month. And Public schools, at least in my experience, don't educate about Jewish history near as much as they educate about African-Americans.

Good point about Native Americans. They were probably ****ed over more than any race, but not much is said about it. Maybe because there aren't many left, because our ancestors killed so many; and it just had to be done, so **** em, lets throw a holiday for the blacks and just try to forget about the Indians.
I agree. As a matter of fact I do have a good percentage of Native American blood in me, but trying to find out what exact tribe is a whole other story. One thing that annoys me about us Americans is that we feel we have the right to morally judge other countries in the genocides they have committed. Yes, each country does deserve to be brought to justice for their crimes, but us Americans always take the high ground and act as if our history is 100% free from murder, and or genocide. What you said about the Indians is absolutely correct, The Trail of Tears is a perfect example. About 2500-6000 Native Americans died on the Trail of Tears alone. That's not counting the total number of deaths throughout American History(which is very hard to calculate). Anyways.. I guess the point is that us Americans need to think twice before taking the moral high ground in all instances ourselves, seeing as we have committed genocide ourselves.
Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote