Music Banter - View Single Post - bubble quiz
Thread: bubble quiz
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I suppose most of the political geeks on this forum are probably aware of the book "Coming Apart"; I haven't read it yet, but I did find a neat excerpt of it online that contains the 'Bubble Quiz'.

link

Basically, the quiz is a fun exercise to see where you came from and where you are currently situated in America. The questions are, of themselves, pretty funny, as are the statistical insights.

If you're curious, I got a 59, so: "a lifelong resident of a working-class neighborhood with average television and moviegoing habits". Which is mostly accurate; I don't watch TV or popular movies much and I avoid chain restaurants (excepting fast food).... but, I've spent so much time in rural areas I think it's inevitable my score would have been high.
Maybe I'm misreading this thing, but it looks like a 59 can also be "a first- generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and moviegoing habits" and "a first- generation upper-middle- class person with middle-class parents".

I got a 56 for what it's worth. I'm not really sure how to interpret that.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote