Music Banter - View Single Post - Win Janszoon Over to the Beatles
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #48 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Octopus' Garden is probably my favorite track on there. Excellent track. Puts me in a good mood and its typically a good choice to get stoned or listen to while high on acid.
I actually really enjoy Octopus' Garden as well. I've got a soft spot for the Ringo tracks.

For years I felt I walked around as a phony Beatles fan. I mildly enjoyed their music, but could never honestly say I was a fan. At one point I hit a huge 60's psych phase and decided to give the Beatles another try (like you are now, Jans). The album that converted me was Revolver, hands down. It's got enough of the Beatles' pop sensibility along with the psych vibe that was starting to pick up around that time that it creates this VERY addicting album. It's still the Beatles album I reach for when I feel like listening to them. It helped me appreciate their other albums as well, but since I had heard all those songs countless times I gotta say I'm a bit tired of Sgt. Peppers/Abbey Road/Let It Be. I can still enjoy Magical Mystery Tour and the White Album from time to time, though.

Since someone already sent Revolver to you, I won't send it...but I have a good feeling that will be the album that converts you.