Music Banter - View Single Post - Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #217 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
OK, you've quoted from this source here: Secular case against gay marriage, but in that I haven't seen any external support for any of the points he made there whatsoever, and I'm frankly very mistrustful of that source.
External support for what, exactly?

[QUOTE=Salami;1160659 As Unknown Soldier has very kindly pointed out, why is "propagating the population" so damn important? There's definitely no sign of decline, world overcrowding is becoming a very serious problem with food and natural resources being stretched over an increasingly large number.[/QUOTE]

If that's what you believe, why would you argue for an extension of marriage benefits to more people in society? Why not just get rid of them entirelly?

The rest of your post doesn't deal with what I said, the quotes I pulled from the article, or the general point of my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Whether gays marry or not, has no affect on the birth rates of a country. I've been led to believe, that gay men are not normally in the habit of fathering children so whether they are married or not is really irrelevent.
Correct; so, why should the rest of society subsidize their marriages?