Music Banter - View Single Post - Who's the most annoying Rapper out now?...
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
I agree wholly with this: it's already pretty lame to write a song about a shitty Premier League football team you support, but it manages to have remarkable little to say about it as a rap. Every word is on the beat, without even a hint of going anywhere with a rhythm, not even the most discrete bit of syncopation or anything, and the vocals are monophonic all the way through. Really dreadful stuff.
I don't really know whether it's about a football team or the road (black asphalt with yellow lanes), honestly. I do know when I worked in a gas station near Sacramento, CA, a group of ghetto kids/teens came in to my store blasting it on a phone and the group of 5 of them were dancing and singing to it in the aisles obnoxiously loud - and I had MY music playing in the store and they were drowning it out. I turned my speakers up and they gave me a look, and I gave them a look like "GTFO, I am not amused". That's just one incident, but in general, I find it to be extremely ignorant. One of my good friends suggested I download the album to see if it would make it onto my top album list of 2011. I grudgingly checked it out, and I really really didn't like it - as I expected. I told him I'd rather listen to Keak da Sneak than Wiz. If I'm gonna listen to trashy music, at least let it be good trashy. For the record, Keak da Sneak's newest album beats the hell out of Wiz Khalifa's discography. And I give Keak's newest album ... 6/10 at best.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote