Music Banter - View Single Post - Win Janszoon Over to the Beatles
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #80 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
The end of She's So Heavy is what it's all about. I wanted to show you this video because it really added a new dimension to the song, whether the Beatles ever intended this meaning is up for debate...See if this does anything for you:

Heh. That's interesting. I assume that's from Across the Universe, right? I may have to check that movie out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Also did you catch the Maxwell's animated video I posted in this thread the other day? I think it's at the bottom of page one or two...
Just watched it and liked it a lot. It goes perfectly with the song and seriously made me laugh out loud a couple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
She's So Heavy is just great. It shows some very tasty guitar licks and a nice little solo, it demonstrates some good guitar playing from John; a very dark little arpeggiated chord progression and some nasty organ play. I remember hearing someone say that it could almost be Sabbath song. That shouldn't be taken too literally but it just exemplifies the darkness of the song and goes to show that The Beatles can do more than make upbeat pop songs.
Yep, I agree. It doesn't precisely sound like Black Sabbath or anything, but like I mentioned in my review it certainly has some doom metal tendencies.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote