Music Banter - View Single Post - The Salami Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I think it's because sprouts, being slightly bitter and typically a bit of a mouthful to the little people, generally has a lot of appeal to many adults who think they delicious (I love them) while being generally loathed by children who don't like the flavour and their mouthfulness. Adults who are not particularly adventurous when it comes to vegetables will remember their loathing of the brussel sprout when they were kids, so it becomes a love or hate thing.
The inspiration for asking this was reading this article a while ago, and not really knowing quite what to make of it!
Strangely enough, I didn't really have a problem with them at all before reading it, but when I tried to notice the flavour a bit more I really noticed the bitterness, which probably reflects a bit on the psychological side of the whole issue that I think wasn't really given enough attention in the article: if you are expecting something to taste strange, then it's far more likely to.
Quote:
I personally think brussel sprouts are amazing. For a snack, you can try cutting them in half and fry them gently in a pan along with some whole cloves of garlic and then sprinkle some salt and pepper over them.
That's the strange part about me, I really don't like frying vegetables (apart from potatoes) for some reason. I have the same problem with mushrooms: I adore them raw, but I can't stand them cooked or fried. I think the fat from the butter must put me off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Its all to do with diet, how well you sleep and liquid intake (plenty of water) before and after.

Some people run and gradually get better and stronger, but to get even better requires more discipline and work. I'd say anybody that goes out running 2 or 3 times a week and runs for about an hour on each ocassion at a good pace is fit.
I run for three sessions during the week, which each last for an hour, and once over the weekend, which lasts a couple of hour if I'm in the mood.
I've been doing this for years, but I'm still a fairly average runner, although recently I qualified for the under 21's Manchester County cross country team (barely!).
You have a point with the liquid intake, I find it to be a real problem and very inconvenient to carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I love Brussel Sprouts, I used to call them mini-cabbages when I was little haha.
Aw, that's absolutely adorable! <3

Quote:
1. Spoiler tags cannot be used outside of forums as far as I'm aware.

2. Happens to me too.

3. Yes. Now I'll always wonder if you're secretly naked.
I'll make sure to point my webcam away, just in case
Quote:
4. When you're young it is yes but you will soon learn when you're older girls love hawt gingers. I am a fiend myself.
I've noticed it's only ever guys that ever make fun of my hair, every girl I've ever talked with about it is always really nice about it. I bet the lads are just jealous.
Quote:
6. You probably never regularly run. You'll do some running for a good 2 weeks, not notice any changes and quit? I dunno but I always notice a change in my stamina after a very short period of time, stamina is so easy to build.

7. NAW.
D'oh!!!!!

Interesting how you know that!

Last edited by Salami; 03-04-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote