Music Banter - View Single Post - College Basketball
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #182 (permalink)
Electrophonic Tonic
Your Ad Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Haha! Duke got slaughtered by North Carolina. Looks like they're not going to be getting that bid for a number 1 seed! Although I imagine it will be North Carolina, I'm kind of holding out hope for Michigan State. Tom Izzo is one of my top 3 coaches. Also, if that happened, I'd be a pretty big fan of three of the number one seeds: Kentucky, Syracuse, and Michigan State. I detest Kansas.

Hoping Duke, as a 2 seed, get stuck in Kentucky's bracket. Such a mismatch! Kentucky's perimeter defense and inside presence would destroy them.

Also hoping that Syracuse and Michigan State are on the OPPOSITE side of the bracket from UK. Those are the two teams I feel have the best chance of beating my 'Cats. They need not even be allowed to try until the title game.

I'm also feeling that Louisville could very well get upset in the first round again, depending on who they have to play. I'd love to see it.
As a Cuse fan, I would love to have Duke in my bracket too.

I'm glad you can't have 2 teams from the same conference in the top 2 slots of a bracket. Marquette scares the crap out of me as a #2 seed. The other team Cuse would not want to see would be Missouri. They shoot the ball too well, would negate Melo on the inside because of their lack of size and are one of the few teams that run transition as well, or better than Syracuse does.

From what I remember about the rules, Kentucky and Syracuse are locks for the top 2 #1 seeds. Thus, they would be on opposite sides of the bracket. Leaving their only possible matchup in the title game... which would be a damn good game.

As for top 5 seeds that I could see being upset (barring the matchups):

Wisconsin- Same old Wisconsin. Scoring 50ish points a game. But, they're had a harder time controlling the pace to something that is comfortable for them. If a team can score 65 points, I think they have a legitimate shot at beating Bucky.

Duke- Just not a good team. Barely team Virginia and Virginia Tech at home, got very lucky against North Carolina the first time, and then spent yesterday doing an impression of Jodie Foster of a pinball machine in the rematch, at home no less.

Louisville- Think Wisconsin, except they have the ability to score and just cannot.

Florida- Even in their wins, I've never thought to myself "Wow! They're good". I would point out a specific weakness, but I can't even point out their identity as a basketball team. And that may be their weakness.

Georgetown- They have played to their competition all year. And that's a problem if they'll be a top 4 seed.

Murray State- From the 4 games I've watched them play; they seem very reckless and out of control. Sure, they have a knack of hitting their shots. But if a team slows them down (not named Louisville or Wisconsin), I think they'll struggle big time.
Electrophonic Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote