Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #275 (permalink)
skaltezon
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
All I would say is that religion is blamed for a lot of the despicable acts committed in the world, but if you look at the messages they preach, all of them encourage peace towards each other, yet in the name of religion a lot of evil has been committed. I would be suspicious of saying that religion is necessarily the direct cause of the evil, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
People put too much blame on religion. It's not religion that is the problem, it's people that is the problem. It's not religions fault that some people go way overboard and get too extreme, not all religious people are like that. I have a problem with the movie "Religulous". It takes the stupidest, most extreme religious freaks as examples, and says: "Look at how stupid religion has made these people". Like I said, it's not religions fault. There are a lot of really good people out there that are religious.
Many people think that being non-religious gives them some special, super-logical insight, with the result that they're unable to question their own conclusions or to accept anyone else's to a greater degree than the people they're criticizing. It's like, we can discuss this, but you have to play by my rules. And so threads like this are usually pretty painful to follow unless you like bashing people who disagree with you and rewarding people who don't.
skaltezon is offline   Reply With Quote