Music Banter - View Single Post - Gotye
Thread: Gotye
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Default Gotye

Goyte

Gotye is an Australian artist who's popularlity has exploded since the release of the song Somebody That I Used To Know, which has 99 million views on Youtube.

" Belgian born Wally De Backer is Gotye. He has adopted Australia as his home and it's certainly not unlike us Aussies to claim him for ourselves! An incredible artist, he has the ability to play many musical instruments to an extraordinary level while mixing and producing his own music at home.
With the combination of his music and talented vocal ability, the results are songs that reflect styles and sounds of the past, but demonstrate a distinctly contemporary outlook.

Since his teenage years in Australia, Gotye has been playing music for good sized crowds, often in underage gigs around Melbourne. As he developed his musical talent, this alternative artist started to gain popularity through radio station Triple J. His first single Learnalilgivinanlovin was released in August 2006. Since then he's never looked back. ''

Taken From the album ''Boardface'' (2008)

I absolutely love him and think he brings real musical talent into his work. This is real pop. Here are some more of his songs for you to check out.

This video made me cry, as much as I tried not too.