Music Banter - View Single Post - So What Are We Drinking Tonight?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #2034 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
In my general opinion, mass produced beer can be good, but it does not rank very high quality wise. Buying such beer, whether it's Budweiser, Beck's, Warsteiner or Newcastle Brown Ale, is like getting a frozen pizza instead of going to a great pizza place or making a great homemade one.

To get really good beer, you should either brew it yourself (it's not that hard to make beer at least as good as the mass produced) or get beer from the small special breweries or micro breweries that produce stuff using methods that are not economically feasible for large scale production, but which produces excellent beer. Quality beers like these are finally getting more popular in Oslo and there are now several places that have special deals with smaller producers, both in and out of the country.

Although they have great beer, the downside is of course that these places are pretty ****ing expensive. You have to expect to pay 80 NOKs and up. >.<
i agree with you to a point.....i do brew my own beer and have for almost 15 years (i must say i've gotten pretty darn good at it ) and i support out local brewery almost weekly and actually plan weekend trips throughout northern California centered around how many breweries we can go to....on the other had although i agree that mass produced beer is in essence mass produced beer....there is a huge difference between the quality in flavor between say a Budweiser and say a Sierra Nv
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote