Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you get your news from?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

I honestly despise all television 'news' shows. At best they're infotainment - but it's difficult for me to enjoy something so blatantly reactionary & sentimental. That they dedicate so much of their time to denigrating rival networks and personalities, and that their viewers are largely too idiotic to realize this is the same as Ford pissing on Honda, just ruins it for me.

Takimag is a cheeky Libertarian oriented website that has Jim Goad as an editor.... which ought to summarize that source awfully well. takimag.com,

The American Conservative is a paleoconservative magazine founded in opposition to the Iraq War, NeoCon nuttery in general, and liberal cultural wars. The American Conservative

Tom Dispatch is part of the Nation Institute; I love it for the foreign policy, although the social and economic commentary is good for keeping myself out of an epistemic closure. Tom Dispatch

The Left Business Observer is probably the single best leftist site I know of, largely because it avoids sentimentality. The Left Business Observer

David Frum, who coined the Axis of Evil phrase, and was later shunned by the GOP for comparing Obamacara's succesful passage with Waterloo. David Frum