Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #986 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Pages 3 to 5

Ten:
I thought The Robe was a poor album, full of rather dull songs and when an album is dull and long grrrrrrrrr,r and nowhere near as good as the previous two releases.
Sorry to hear that. I think "The Robe" is a great album, with the title track, "Standing on the edge of time" (surely that was single material, even chart?), "Arcadia" and "Fly like an eagle" particular standouts. Still, we can't all like the same thing, as I never tire of saying...
Quote:
Marillion: Fugazi was always one of my favourite Marillion albums and I liked your background coverage on the album cover. Are Marillion and Fish your favourite artists as I've seen quite a few entries by them already?
Yeah, I've been into Marillion since the beginning and I'd definitely put them as probably ny favourite artiste, at least in the top three but probably number one. There's only one album of theirs I don't like, and it's "Somewhere else". Tried and tried to get into it but had to give up. But I love everything else by Marillion, unreservedly. Oh and the Fish/Hogarth thing doesn't bother me: I listen to all the FIsh solo stuff too.
Quote:
Thin Lizzy:The final Thin Lizzy release is a good album but my favourite releases by Lizzy are Jaibreak, Bad Reputation and Black Rose along with the live Live and Dangerous. I always thought Lizzy were at their best with the Scott Gorham/Brian Robertson partnership on lead guitar and preferred either of those two over Gary Moore (Gary Moore was great but I thought those two clicked so well).
I was never a huge Lizzy fan, but I do love Gary Moore's work, as you'll see at some point when you come across my week-long tribute to him on the anniversary of his passing. As for Lizzy, I'd have to say it's between "Renegade" and "Thunder and lightning" for me.
Quote:

The Pandora's Box song attracted me for the title, as there is also a Cheap Trick song with the same name, not one of their best though. Sure the singer of Pandora's Box does sound like Bonnie Tyler!

Cheap Trick - Good Girls Go to Heaven - YouTube
That album is pure gold, and the only one they ever released. Absolutely worth listening to. Who doesn't love Steinman?