Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #1068 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
Not that it matters now, but I would have voted for Sybreed if I would have had time earlier this week. I expected the slamming of the vocals (which I actually enjoyed quite a bit), but I didn't expect cheesiness being an issue (espeically from fans of power metal) I agree that the Textures album was a little all over the place, and was a concept that wasn't fully realized. But I thought the Sybreed album was pretty cohesive and the multiple genres were well-integrated.

Had Sybreed won, they may have gotten my vote again. The Textures album doesn't stand a chance against Enslaved.

Enslaved seems to get more progressive with each release, and I think they have created a great album with Vertebrae. I noticed Mondo Bungle mentioned he didn't like straight progressive albums, yet this seems to be about as progressive as black metal gets! I think this is a testament to the band's ability to retain the savage black metal sound from their early days while continuing to incorporate new elements (or he didn't actually listen to the album!).

Enslaved - 2
Textures - 0
Hell I didn't even notice that you didn't even vote on your own war! I've now decided to try and keep each round open a bit longer as I know people usually need more time to listen, but had noticed that about three days had gone by without anybody voting on this one.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote