Music Banter - View Single Post - Jimi Hendrix
Thread: Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #171 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I know what you mean about feeling really overwhelmed. Thats how I felt months back when we were talking about learning little wing. Once you do it though it is an amazing feeling. Learning an acdc song is great and all but when you get a challenging piece of music that you really enjoy listening to it is a feeling rivaled by none other than maybe an earth shattering orgasm. I think I will try and learn lenny next. Im sure it will take me a while so dont hold your breath for the video.

Also I have a question. I have learned most of the dorian postitions on the fretboard and am working on my speed playing them. My problem is finding licks that incorporate the scales/mode that sound different than the blatent maj/min pentatonic. All I have thought of doing is finding artists like Santana and such that are known for playing in it and trying to flesh out some of the licks I hear on the record. I guess I could also just search youtube for some, but I feel like their must be a better way. Any advice?
What do you mean? Your problem is finding licks that incorporate the dorian and pentatonic, but don't sound blatantly like the pentatonic?
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote