Music Banter - View Single Post - Jimi Hendrix
Thread: Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #174 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozcrooz View Post
Sounds like your where I'm at rezz. I've dabbled a little with the Dorian modes myself and wouldn't mind hearing some input on that. As you said YouTube is always an option but every extra bit of information is helpful. Guess I'm just a worthless guitar wanker.
I just hate copying licks note for note off someone on youtube. The amazing slodowner is really useful though, I can play songs at half speed with the pitch unchanged and learn licks much easier. If you want a link to a download of it let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I'm a little confused as to what ya'll are having trouble with. Sounds like I'm around the same spot as ya'll.
Im talking about using licks that incorporate the different modes in your everyday playing. While most people use alot of those notes anyways I would like to basically have a library of stock dorian/mix/etc licks to play off of when a song needs it.

For instance if a particular progression comes on I would like to know which mode would sound good played over it and what kind of mood it would give the song, as well as being able to bust out a few phrases I know based off that particular mode.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote