Music Banter - View Single Post - bubble quiz
Thread: bubble quiz
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

I scored a 25.

This brings me closest to the range of “A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Range: 11-80. Typical: 33.” But both of my parents were working class and I grew up in a working class neighborhood. And I am middle class now. What seems to have brought me more into the upper-middle-class range is: very low t.v. and movie viewing habits; non-rural living; never below poverty line; never worked on factory floor; no manual labor jobs; not an Evangelical Christian; no friends with whom I have wide-ranging political disagreements; no close friend who could seldom get better than Cs in high school (attended a specialized high school where the majority of students got good grades); not around cigarette smokers in last month; 1 point on the military insignia; didn’t know Jimmie Johnson of NASCAR or Dallas Cowboys; never purchased Avon products; no pickup truck; no domestic mass-market beer; no fishing; went to Denny’s once in the last year; no varsity letter, cheerleading or marching band in high school; no Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club or union hall meetings; no parades; no uniform; took long-distance buses, but no hitchhiking; and thought Branson was Richard Branson.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote