Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #995 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Page 5 still

Man I'm going to beat you up over these two albums.

Journey Arrival: On the face of it, yes Steve Augeri does sound like Steve Perry but you quickly realize that his voice really lacks the depth of Steve Perry, Steve Perry has both a power and sensitivity to his voice the Augeri just can't match, we're probably talkng in Steve Perry as being the best AOR vocalist ever along with Bobby Kimball and Jimi Jameson on the same level. I found Augeri's vocals hollow by comparison and Arrival somewhat flat as an album, it does have some good songs but I'd rate it as a very average bit of work. When it comes to Journey albums Frontiers still blows me away.
I refer you to my comment on Ten's "The Robe". We can't all like the same things, and though I like Steve Perry's voice and he will always be number 1 Journey vocalist, I love this album so much nothing will change my mind. What do you think of Pineda? ("Eclipse" reviewed much further on...)
Quote:
ABWH: I pretty much dislike every Yes related album after Big Generator and I think the Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe album about as bad as the Union album which came out the same year. In fact I find most of ABWH really forgettable which is remarkable considering that it contained 4 of the most revered musicians in Prog. I think every Yes album with the exception of Magnification to a poor album anyway.
Well you answered your own question there, sort of. If you don't like Yes then you're unlikely to like ABWH. I don't like Tull but wouldn't comment on a review of Aqualung since it wouldn't interest me. You're kind of losing the high ground here, guy! If you hate something then it kind of really doesn't matter if you say it's terrible, as your opinion is totally skewed. God knows what you'll say about my boybands reviews, or the NWOBHM section!
Quote:
I see Night Ranger is up next for me to comment on
Surely you can't say anything bad about "Dawn patrol"...?