Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #998 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I refer you to my comment on Ten's "The Robe". We can't all like the same things, and though I like Steve Perry's voice and he will always be number 1 Journey vocalist, I love this album so much nothing will change my mind. What do you think of Pineda? ("Eclipse" reviewed much further on...)

Well you answered your own question there, sort of. If you don't like Yes then you're unlikely to like ABWH. I don't like Tull but wouldn't comment on a review of Aqualung since it wouldn't interest me. You're kind of losing the high ground here, guy! If you hate something then it kind of really doesn't matter if you say it's terrible, as your opinion is totally skewed. God knows what you'll say about my boybands reviews, or the NWOBHM section!

Surely you can't say anything bad about "Dawn patrol"...?
Yes:Hey, I was unable to re-edit my Yes entry as I realized afterwards that it was open to mis-interpretation. What its should say, is that I'm a HUGE Yes fan and they are one of the best bands if not the best of the classic prog era. I'm therefore saying that after Big Generator they put out a whole load of very poor albums with the exception of Magnification.

Journey:I've still not heard the Pineda albums as they are still a way down on my big listening list, but I have seen Jouney a couple of times in concert and the last time was with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, he did a decent job and gave the songs some muscle, but it was obvious that he couldn't sing the softer numbers, so the job was passed over to Deen Castronovo on drums.

Night Ranger: Hell I love Dawn Patrol and its one of the essential AOR releases and your review was spot on, the whole album is a guitar enthusiasts delight and in concert the band really rocked out on those songs, the choice track on the album for me has to be "Eddie's Comin Out"

Trollheart I can't wait to see your NWOBHM section because I don't know if I pointed out to you before, but I have both a NWOBHM and Power Metal Thread on the forum, they are not detailed album reviews but just lighter reviews of bands and albums with general chit-chat, lots of interesting stuff on both threads.

AOR is really my thing, now when I say AOR I'm referring to predominantly US soft rock acts of the 1970s and 1980s and I'm into the more harder rocking but very melodic style of bands like Journey, Survivor, Boston, REO Speedwagon and especially Toto etc. Also I'm pretty much obsessed with pomp/prog acts like Styx and Kansas etc. What I'm not into are the poppier artists of the era like FM and Eric Martin etc, but I do like Rick Springfield a lot.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote