Music Banter - View Single Post - 50 Song Which Make Me Weak In the Knees
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

20.) The Beau Brummels - Only Dreaming Now

Take a trip back to 1967 with me, if you will. This song was absolutely fantastic, one that was tragically buried in the pile of so many other bands who were trying to be an American answer to a little band you may have heard of called The Beatles. This, though, I feel has the distinction of being, well, excellent. Triangle is a wonderful album.

19.) Tim Buckley - Hallucinations

Another gem from 1967. This is the father of Jeff Buckley, who possessed quite possibly one of the most beautiful voices in music history. This is during his more "psych-folk" influenced years, although he explored numerous genres throughout his career. This album, though, is my favorite of his, this song absolutely wondrous.

18.) The Electric Prunes - I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night

Holy shit, another from 1967! Either that was an excellent year for music, or I've just got a hard-on for the late sixties. Regardless, this song is classic.

17.) King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

Now THIS is some epic prog! From what I've gathered, this a classic in the genre, but it's so excellent, I knew it needed to be on this list.

16.) Mos Def - Mathematics

Superb lyricism, flow, and subject matter. I fucking love this song.

15.) Jaco Pastorius - Come On, Come Over

One of my absolute favorite bassists of all time. This song is superb for getting asses shaking, and is one of my top tracks to listen to - never fails to put a smile on my face.

14.) Richard Thompson - Gethsemane

This song is beyond merely wonderful; it's damn near perfection. Some of my favorite lyrics ever, and sublime guitar work from Mr. Thompson. This song is kind of the man.

13.) Elvis Costello - Brilliant Mistake

This has made its way on so many of my driving playlists, I can't in good conscience exclude it from a list like this. In addition, every single time it comes on and I'm driving, I have the distinct feeling that I'm living in an indie film.

12.) David Lynch feat. Karen O. - Pinky's Dream

I really love this song so much that I have issues putting it into words. There's just something about it. From the moment I first heard it...I knew it was love.

11.) Cat Stevens - Sad Lisa

This really is a song that I'm in love with. It's sentimental, almost sappy, but I dig it.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote