Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #4523 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I'm sort of dabbling in many titles at the same time these days. I got Wind Waker going (although it will be my second playthrough) and then Saints Row the Third, Battlefield 3 and the first The Witcher which I thought I'd play through as I wanna try the second one.

Besides Wind Waker which I already love, none of the others have succeeded in really motivating me. I gather Battlefield 3 is more interesting in multiplayer, but I'm currently going through the 1 player campaign and it basically feels like Call of Duty with more interactive environments. It's alright, but doesn't exactly feel fresh.

Saints Row the Third seems fun, but perhaps a bit shallow. I like GTA for the fact the worlds Rockstar create pull you in like a good movie. Saints Row is like an unhinged GTA and seems fun, but I think I still prefer the GTA series, if only for their immersiveness.

The Witcher is a game I tried when it was new and I played a while, but then lost interest. I thought the dialogues and so on were pretty horrid and that turned me off. Then, before the release of The Witcher 2, I saw the enhanced version of the first game was on a special offer on gog.com. Many aspects, including dialogues, are polished and so I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say the game has aged though and I'm not positive I'm going to find the motivation to play through it.