Music Banter - View Single Post - El-p
Thread: El-p
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

just got on here to post this new EL-P track, it's ****ing DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
Man, I tried, I really did try to like "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" but just couldn't get into it.
Is there any other of his works you'd recommend to perhaps change my perspective on this guy and share your excitement about the upcoming release?
the dude who said "try harder" is actually right. that album is MONSTROUS. who are some of your favorite artists? that might help you give you a direction for EL-P. but seriously, man, EL-P is like a god-tier hip hop artist. another key: he's a big grower. a BIG grower.

---

okay, so according to this thread there's finally a title for this upcoming Aesop Rock album? **** was talked about dropping in 2010, then was "gonna drop in 2011," but now it has a title huh? i was thinking it'd be around this year. i hope so... Aes is dope. but i'm honestly worried about him fully producing the album. i think every Aesop Rock release is dope tbh, but don't play yourself.. Blockhead's way doper on the production tip than Aes Rizzle. Labor Days? Float? those are his best albums because Blockhead comes correct on the boards. Felt 3 (fully produced by Aes)? boring...
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote