Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #11317 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post

Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)
Hadn't seen this one since I was a kid. Not horrible, but not great considering some of the people involved (Roger Corman, John Sayles). And, yes, the spaceship looks like it has boobs.
i'm still of the view it's a doable Seven Samurai in space - no great shakes, but in the days of Star Wars, it was competent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post

Mildly entertaining, and the "twist" was obvious from a mile away

16/40
seen this so many times on tv the name itself makes me puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post

Great English film trying to be a French film, and I mean that with no disrespect. The camera work was very good. The soundtrack was awesome, reminded me of Kubrick. Michael Gambon is a brilliant villain. The ending was brutal. Great film.

8.5/10

One of my favorite movies ever. I had to give it a re-watch since I just purchased it on blu-ray. What can I say that hasn't been said before? George C. Scott! Peter Sellers! Perfect and a much deserved and rare perfect rating from me.

10/10
The Cook - probably my most sexual experience with a movie, cos watersname is such a MILF

Strangelove - overhyped, i expected better but Sellers is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post

Full Metal Jacket

This was good, my only complaint is that the second half could have used another 20 minutes, it feels a little bit unfinished in that respect. I was also expecting it to be a bit grittier and more difficult to watch. The climax was pretty damn intense though. Joker's a damn good protagonist. 7.5/10
Pvt Gomer Pyle part is good - i usually skip the second half

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote